Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Motorcycle Diaries-Peru

While in Peru, Che makes a visit to San Pablo, the leper island. Before Che leaves, he makes a long speech about his goals and ideals. He writes in his journal that the audience accepted the speech with great applause. Do you really think that they did or do you think that he was exaggerating?
In my perspective, I think Che might have been exaggerating because the audience could have had different political ideals. Not everyone in San Pablo believed in Communism and could have had disagreed with him. Furthermore, I think Che was making a fool of himself because he believed that he could be the hero/savior of the people of South America through his own personal efforts.
(I had trouble connecting to my blog, so I am posting my Do Now now)

No comments:

Post a Comment