Monday, March 30, 2009

Clues (6)


“Consul, said he, I have no longer any doubt. I have spotted my man. He passes himself off as an eccentric who is going around the world in eighty days. Send a telegram to London for a warrant of arrest to be dispatched instantly to Bombay, take passage on board the Mongolia.” (Verne 46).


From what I have read so far, detective Fix seems like a fool. Without a thorough investigation, he is suspecting that the main character, Mr. Fogg, is the bank robber. I feel that there is something about the detective, because he seems like he isn’t trying really hard to solve the case. From my perspective, it seems like he is rather trying to grab anyone that fits the description of the robber and accusing them of the crime so that he can get in recognition and possibly some money. I also think that detective Fix may have been paid to interfere in Mr. Fogg’s journey, because it is highly likely that another member from the Reform club is trying to make Fogg lose the bet.

No comments:

Post a Comment