Monday, February 2, 2009

Che: anti-hero Video

1. Your reaction to Beck. Do you agree or disagree with his claims? Why?
2. A description--in your own words--of Beck's style and voice. How does he get his point across to his audience?

I understand and agree with Beck that Che might have not been the best man, but I felt that beck went too far in expressing his personal opinions. Che had different ideals and believed in a different philosophy from most people thus I realize Beck's point of view on this whole issue, but I feel it is important to allow people the right to express their own beliefs. Beck's style and voice is strong and persuading, however I thought his words started to distract the whole discussion when he stated things based only on his views and without any evidence. I think Beck gets his point across to his audience by trying to connect Che with people like Castro and Hitler, so that people will think that Che is wrong in every aspect.

1 comment:

  1. I do not agree that Beck went too far. Sometimes a little exaggeration is needed to get a point across. Che's ideals involved murdering thousands of innocent people. Comparing him with Hitler and Stalin is appropriate because they acted similarly and had similar goals.

    ReplyDelete